Thursday, December 3, 2009

Taking it easy

Not too much to report on this week...island life is relaxing - just the way I like it:) We are settling into a routine this week while Matt is finishing up his classes:
  • Will wakes up around 8, eats, and then sees the grandparents for a little bit before they leave for work.
  • Will and I go on a long walk and then he takes a nap while I get a shower.
  • Will wakes up and nurses again. Then we go meet grandma for lunch.
  • Will naps until 4 or 5 while I work on various projects that I've got going on.
  • Will eats, the adults have dinner, and then Will eats again around 7 or 8.
  • Will stays awake and plays and has his last feeding at about 10 and then goes to bed before we start again another day!
And today he had a fun time helping Granddaddy, She-She, and Benjamin decorate their home for Christmas!


On a completely unrelated note, I thought CJ Mahaney wrote a great post about Tiger Woods today. Here is an exerpt:
A Christian’s response to this story should be distinctly different. We should not be entertained by the news. We should not have a morbid interest in all the details. We should be saddened and sobered. We should pray for this man and even more for his wife.

And we can be sure that in the coming days we will be in conversations with friends and family where this topic will emerge. And when it does, we can avoid simply listening to the latest details and speculations, and avoid speaking self-righteously, but instead we can humbly draw attention to the grace of God in the gospel.

And this story should humble and sober us. It should make us ask: Are there any so-called “secret sins” in my life? Is there anything I have done that I hope nobody discovers? Is there anything right now in my life that I should confess to God and the appropriate individuals?

And this should leave us more amazed by grace because there, but for the grace of God, go I.

You can read the whole thing here.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...