Saturday, December 19, 2009

Amelia Island

This weekend Matt and I went to Amelia Island, FL for a late anniversary getaway. This was our second time staying at the Elizabeth Pointe Lodge - we love staying at bed-and-breakfasts and this is one of our favorites. Staying there reminds me of the house in the movie "Nights of Rodanthe" - a big, weathered, comfortable Cape Cod style beach home where it is peaceful and relaxing.

Mr. Dart and Shelia watched Will for us. It was our first night away from him and we tried not to call too many times to check on him! I think he had a great time though and didn't even know we were gone!

Oh, and I have to mention my dinner last night because it was my favorite salad ever, and in case you are in Amelia, you need to go get this! We ate at 29 South Eats, and I had the southern barbecue cobb salad - it had pulled pork, fried green tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, deviled eggs, cherry tomatoes, and cornbread croutons on it and was served with a pepper jelly vinaigrette. It was out of this world!


rocking chairs line the back deck


walkway to the beach

our room (picture is off their site because mine didn't do it justice)

our deck

(too bad we weren't in the picture together - we were joking that we need this! we're such dorks!)

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...