Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A couple of links...

I thought I'd share a blog I read - Chronicles of a Babywise Mom. Matt and I both read Baby Wise a few weeks after Will was born, and we've followed the advice for the most part. The basic premise behind the philosophy is that there is a halfway point between being rigidly scheduled and completely at the whim of the baby. For us, it was mainly about teaching Will to eat full meals (not snacking every hour) and being able to put himself to sleep for good naps/bedtime. Anyway, there is a ton of helpful and fascinating (to me!) stuff on this site - I thought this article on child spacing was really interesting.

And on a completely different note, did you see the announcement for the new iPad today? It definitely looks cool. Matt was blown away and wants to get one tomorrow (he won't!), but I'm still trying to decide what I think. As I've said numerous times, I hate clutter, and I want to know exactly what this would replace - my laptop? No. My iphone? No. It's cool, but I'm just not convinced that I need an extra piece of technology to carry around. And at this point in my life, I'm not interested in the book application, which is similar to the Kindle. I'm just old-school and actually like holding a book and turning the pages when I read;) The verdict: iNot impressed...at least not yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...