Monday, January 9, 2012

Park City

We got back Saturday from Utah. We had a fun time, also mixed with some not-so-fun times! On our second day there Will came down with a stomach virus. Two days later my entire family came down with it, all within a couple of hours of each other. It was brutal, and took several days for us to feel back to normal. Thankfully though by the end of the trip we were all feeling better and were able to enjoy a few days out there!

Getting some loving from daddy while not feeling good!
We got Will and Baby Jack (my cousin Chrissy and her husband and baby were there too!) some lego duplo blocks to play with out there. We figured there will always be little kids out there for the next few years!

Happy Baby Jack!

Matt left Tuesday night on a red-eye flight back to Chicago, and went straight into work on Wednesday. My sister left Wednesday afternoon so she could get back to work as well. She got some hugs and kisses from Will before she left...

Will loves his Aunt B!
Doing sticker finger puppets with Meme!
This is the first year I can ever remember being in Park City in January and there being no snow on the ground! There was snow on the mountain so everyone could still ski, but there was hardly any at the bottom of the mountain. It was strange! Still, we bundled the kiddos up and attempted to sled on a small hill in the backyard in what little snow there was! The kids had fun!

Trying on daddy's helmet and goggles!

We put on the Polar Express movie one night and Will sat there with my dad to watch it - I thought it was the cutest thing ever...

All in all we had a great time! Will and I flew home Saturday, and wouldn't you know that we woke up Saturday to a snowstorm after no snow the whole week! We got behind trucks clearing the interstate on the way to the airport, but still made our flight just in time! And then once we boarded we sat on the runway for an hour and a half waiting to have our plane de-iced. This was my first time flying with Will by myself, and other than a tantrum when we first boarded and I explained that he had to sit with his seatbelt on, it went pretty smoothly! He watched Mickey Mouse on the ipad the whole time! We were happy to see daddy when we landed and happy to be home!


Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...[Reply to comment]

Aw, I'm so glad that you had such a good visit (minus the illness - boo). One time something similar happened in my family - we were driving out to visit family in Arizona (all 10 kids + my parents) and my baby brother got sick ALL OVER the car about 4 hours from Tucson... it then passed through the entire family. Yeesh - certainly made for a memorable vacation, though :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...