Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chicken curry and an early Christmas gift!

Will's cousin Otto sent him an early gift yesterday...


A Christmas shirt with his name on it!



How cute!! Will says THANK YOU Cousin Otto!


My sister-in-law Casey also sent this ornament with a yellow jacket and Will's initial's on it!


I love it!! I let Will help me put it on the tree.


Also, I wanted to share this really simple, delicious dish I made last night. It is a chicken curry dish from Mark Bittman's The Minimalist Cooks at Home. I decided to make it at the last minute because I already had all of the ingredients, and it only took 30 minutes to cook! I will definitely make it again.

Chicken Curry in a Hurry

1 T canola oil
1 onion, sliced
1.5 t curry powder
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
minced cilantro or parsley for garnish

Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high. A minute later, add the onion. Add salt and pepper and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium, add half of the curry powder, and cook an additional minute or two.

Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper and remaining curry powder. Move onions to the side and cook chicken for about 2 minutes per side; remove to a plate.

Add sour cream or yogurt (if you use yogurt, make sure it does not boil; it will curdle) over medium-low heat until the mixture is thick. Add chicken back in and cook 2 more minutes, turning once. Garnish and serve with rice.

Optional: you can add nuts (I added slivered almonds), red pepper flakes (I added a little), raisins, or dried coconut to onion as it cooks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

What a cutie!! Cant wait to see yall, just 7 more sleeps! xo Casey and Otto

Mary Beth said...[Reply to comment]

That shirt is ADORABLE!! Love it!! Awesome christmas light bokeh too!! Impressive!

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Ok, so I made the curry for dinner tonight and fed it to Otto! He ate it up--what can I say, he has a sophisticated palate ;) Up next African, or maybe sushi.......hehe

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...