Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our weekend

We've had a busy but wonderful weekend! On Friday I had a great time with Courtney going to lunch and running errands to Babies-R-Us and Target. We were out for a long time and Will did SO good, which I was thankful for!

Yesterday we went to a baby shower for our friends Matt and Debbi. They are in the 1-year program at Kellogg (well Matt is!), they moved here from Dubai where they'd lived for the last year (how cool is that?), and they go to church and KCF with us and are expecting their first baby in a few weeks!

Tonight we had over all of the couples from KCF for dinner and bible study. We made restaurant-style salsa (make it people! this is my third time in 3 weeks and I still love it!), pico de gallo, gaucamole, and queso, and Matt made delicious black beans and grilled tequila-lime grilled chicken (here is the recipe...soo good and I just love the name: Tequila Mockingbird marinade) with peppers and onions. We had all the fixings to make fajitas or taco salad or nachos or whatever. And for dessert I made texas sheet cake! YUM!

Pico de gallo



3 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Love all the food photos (Yum!), and the snow-
covered dogs...but that's 2 blogs with NO
Will photos!! So I'll just go back and look
at the old ones for the umpteenth time!
Missing my baby....
Grandmother Fran

Studio Refuge Photography Blog said...[Reply to comment]

Yum! and from the earlier blog, now craving chocolate cake.
Will is super cute. Great shots.

Mecall said...[Reply to comment]

The food looks great!! I'm jealous of all the good cooking! =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...