Sunday, October 11, 2009

A surprise trip!

Friday was my birthday and Matt surprised me with a trip to The American Club in Kohler, Wisconsin! He told me to be ready by 6:30am Friday, and I had no idea where we were going. Kohler is a cute village in Wisconsin named after the appliance inventor. The American Club has a lodge feel to it but it is very nice - the only 5 diamond resort in the midwest, and they are hosting the PGA championship next year, and are right on Lake Michigan (and it is rumored that Mr. Kohler is looking into buying the Cloister!)

We got there around 10am Friday morning and Matt and I spent the morning at the spa relaxing! We ate lunch at a pub at the hotel (and even tried a Wisconsin favorite - cheese curds!) and then checked out the Kohler Design Center - a 3-story building with the most amazing kitchen and bathroom showrooms that you can imagine. Friday night we ate dinner at a lodge overlooking one of their golf courses. Saturday we had an amazing breakfast at the hotel (I had creme brulee french toast...aaahh!) and then went to check out the harvest festival going on - they had a corn maze, pony rides, a petting zoo, a pumpkin patch, and a hay fort. The leaves were changing and were just gorgeous so we drove around and looked at those in the afternoon, and we also checked out Sheboygan Falls, which is only about 10 minutes from Kohler.

We had such a great time - I am so impressed with Matt for planning this all by himself! I have SUCH an amazing and thoughtful husband! And the little guy did so well on his first night away from home - I don't even think he noticed he was in a different place!

Here are a few pictures from our trip...I already want to go back :) By the way, Matt got me a new lens for my camera for my birthday. It makes the person in focus and everything behind them blurry. A few of these were with my new lens, and a few were with our point-and-shoot.



















post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Great birthday trip! Sweet husband, precious
baby boy, scenic setting, good food...what more could you ask for! Great photos!!
Mom

Mary Beth said...[Reply to comment]

Impressive Matt!! LOVE these pics!!! are they with the new lens?

Studio Refuge Photography Blog said...[Reply to comment]

Love the photos with the shallow depth of field. What lens are you using?

Miller said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks Julia! The lens is Nikkor 50mm 1.8 - I really don't know what I am doing yet...most of the pictures didn't turn out at all - I have a lot to learn!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...