Wednesday, June 17, 2009

St. Simons

Matt and I have had a great time in St. Simons this week! We've gotten to spend a lot of time with our family, which has been really nice. Last weekend my sister Mary Beth, my aunt Faye, my cousin Chrissy and her husband Mike, and my cousin Sarah and her boyfriend Dalton all came in town for my baby shower. Here is a picture of all of us at Blackwater Grill:

We also had a chance to go with my mother-in-law Cathy to visit Matt's godmother, Edith Mauch. She has an amazing garden in the back of her house, where she grows tons of beautiful flowers and several different vegetables. She's also built paver sidewalks and a covered poolhouse - all herself! Here is a picture of us and a picture of her garden:




Speaking of flowers, Matt's dad's wife Shelia is also an awesome gardener and has some amazing flowers in front of their house:


I was not prepared for how hot it would be down here! Here is what I did every day at my in-laws to survive the heat!


It made me very thankful I am spending the rest of the summer and my pregnancy in Chicago instead of down south! We will miss our family but we are looking forward to heading home tomorrow!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...