Monday, June 29, 2009

Fun Weekend with the Family

We had SUCH a great time this weekend with my family in town! My parents got here after lunch on Friday, and we spent the afternoon showing my dad around Evanston. My sister's flight got in later Friday evening, and as soon as she got here we went to Pete Miller's, a great steak place here in Evanston, to celebrate Father's Day.



Then we came back and had pound cake, ice cream, and peaches. It was sooo good!

Saturday we drove down to the city and went on an architectural boat tour. The weather was beautiful and we really enjoyed it!

We had lunch at Navy Pier, and then drove around to show my family Hyde Park, University of Chicago, Frank Lloyd Wright's Robie House, Lincoln Park, and the Cubs stadium in Wrigleyville. Saturday night we went to Lou Malnati's to let my family try Chicago deep dish pizza. 

Sunday we took my family to our church, and then we ate a late breakfast at Walker Bros. It was soo good! Sunday afternoon we took a walk to the lake. It was a gorgeous day, and it was really relaxing sitting at the park. 

Mary Beth had a late afternoon flight so she left, and mom and I went and picked out a small dresser for the nursery! While we were gone, Matt walked to the grocery store and got the stuff to make spaghetti and meatballs and salad for dinner! It was outstanding! After dinner Matt and my dad put together the dresser (pics to come!).

My parents flight was around noon today so they left late morning. We had such a good time and it was sad to see them go. I'm sure they'll be back soon though, when Baby Dart arrives!!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...