Friday, May 29, 2009

Hopleaf

At the recommendation of my friend Courtney, Matt and I went to Hopleaf in Andersonville for dinner tonight. Andersonville is a neighborhood a couple of miles south of Evanston. It is a really cute area...the main street (N. Clark) reminded me of a main street in the fifties, although it was definitely urban/hip.

We got there around 6:30 and the wait was 45 minutes. We didn't realize until we were seated that they have a patio out back where we could have waited. The front part of the restaurant is a very crowded bar, so it was hard to wait there (especially when I'm pregnant and couldn't get a drink). I ordered the "CB&J," an interesting take on a PB&J. It is pan-fried on sourdough bread and has house-made cashew butter, fig jam and morbier cheese. It was DELICIOUS. Seriously maybe the best sandwich I've had. It was served with Stilton mac-n-cheese, which was out-of-this-world good. I noticed several people around me had ordered a side of the mac-n-cheese with their dinner. Matt ordered the Duck Reuben, which was served on marble rye bread with a cranberry cream cheese spread and sauerkraut. I didn't try it (I'm not a fan of meat right now), but Matt loved it.

We both thought the food was outstanding and we'd like to go again this summer...we'll have to go before August though, as they don't let anyone into the pub who is under 21, including infants.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...