Monday, December 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bars

My mom has made these pumpkin bars around Thanksgiving and Christmas for as long as I can remember. They are SO good! I now make them every year too, and I've found a way to make them gluten-free with only one ingredient change - and I can't tell the difference. We took them to a church function last weekend and everyone gobbled them up - I'm pretty sure no one would have ever guessed they were gluten-free! So whether you make these the regular way or gluten-free, they are awesome!

Pumpkin Bars
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
16 oz pumpkin
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups Bisquick (or to make it gluten-free, use 2 cups Pamela's Baking Mix)
2 t cinnamon
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 T milk
1 t vanilla

Beat sugar, oil, pumpkin, and eggs for 2 minutes. Add Bisquick and cinnamon. Pour into greased 15x10 pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

Beat cream cheese and butter and gradually add powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla. Once the pumpkin bars have completely cooled ice them and cut them into bars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...