Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year from Utah!

Will and I are in Deer Valley with my family! We flew out here Saturday - unfortunately Matt had to go back to work this week and couldn't come (and he is very missed!) I'll post pictures from our time out here soon, but I wanted to post a few from last week in St. Simons. We had a great time down there last week and our week flew by!

Cousins! 
Wearing their matching outfits from Aunt Jessica!








Also, check out this REALLY cool video my sister made of our trip to St. Thomas last summer! She surprised my family with it for Christmas. I keep watching it over and over…I want to go back!

And finally, since it is January 3rd, here are a few of my New Year's resolutions (because maybe if I write them down I'll actually do them:)

1. Learn to sew! I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I can't wait to learn! I want to be able to make  a few things for Will and I'd like to be able to hem pants (every pair of pants I buy has to be altered since I'm short!) My mom gave me a few lessons last week and I'm probably going to be calling her with questions once I'm back in Chicago!
2. Learn Photoshop. I would love to learn how to edit pictures properly and quickly. I've been anxiously awaiting Erin Cobb's Clean Color tutorial that should be released later this month - I LOVE her work!
3. Memorize scripture. I would love to be able to recall scriptures to mind "in the moment." I know Beth Moore is doing a scripture memory program for 2011, so I may do that.
4. I would like to eat more local, organic food. I'd like to get more of our food from farm co-ops and the farmer's market. I'd also like to grow herbs and a few vegetables in our garden this spring!
5. I want to do the couch-to-5k program. I've never been a runner, but I want to be!

What are your New Year's resolutions?

**The bird dog shirt that Will is wearing is from Honey Bee Tees - I LOVE Darby's blog and I think her shirts are so cute - thank you Aunt B!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Yea for cute cousins! Thanks to Aunt Lulu for the matching outfits. The pictures are so sweet with both boys smiling-- We miss yall already-can't wait for April. Have fun out west.xo Casey and Otto

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...