Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rest in Peace, Coco

Our sweet little Coco passed away unexpectedly this week. On Sunday night we noticed she was sick, and Monday she seemed pretty lethargic and wasn't interested in eating. We'd just switched dog foods and thought that's what was making her sick, so we'd gone to get her old food, but she died during the night Monday. Matt was out of town traveling, but thankfully my mom was here.

Matt surprised me with Coco on our first anniversary in November 2005. Right after we'd gotten married I'd wanted a dog really badly. I wanted a lap dog. In March 2005 we saw Ellie at a rescue shelter and fell in love with her. But as much as I love her, she isn't exactly a lap dog, and that's why Matt surprised me with Coco that November. She was a 12 pound Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and instantly became my "baby." I absolutely adored that little dog.

2005 right after we got Coco
Christmas 2005


Aug 2008 - moving to Chicago!


June 2009














When we first got Coco I was worried about how Ellie would treat her. Ellie is definitely the alpha dog, and tends to dominate other dogs when she feels threatened. It turns out there was no need to worry. Ellie and Coco were best friends. They slept on the same little bed together, and would curl up together to take naps during the day. I think Ellie's a little lost now without her best friend.







We are thankful for our 7 years with Coco and will miss her terribly!

2 comments:

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...[Reply to comment]

Oh no - I am so sorry. Losing a dog is heartbreaking :-/

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

Oh no--so sorry to hear that. Sweet little Coco xox Casey

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...