Sunday, November 20, 2011

Matt's birthday!

Matt's birthday was Friday - he is now officially as old as I am:) We had a great weekend of celebrating. Matt's brother Beau called a few weeks ago and said he and Kate would be coming to Chicago this weekend and wanted to surprise Matt at dinner downtown Friday night.


Matt had no idea! He thought the two of us were just going out to eat to celebrate. When we got to our table, Beau and Kate were there waiting on us! It was awesome!


Beau's wife Kate is also pregnant - we are 2 weeks apart! So there was a lot of pregnancy/baby talk during dinner!


Dinner was fantastic - we went to MK downtown a few blocks from Michigan Ave. Everything we ordered was good. And the service was seriously the best I've ever had. The waiter asked if there were any food allergies and after I told him I couldn't eat gluten he went out of his way to look out for me the rest of the night. He was extremely knowledgeable about everything that had gluten in it - something I really appreciate. Sometimes a chef knows how to make something gluten-free, but if the waitstaff doesn't understand and doesn't make the customer feel comfortable with what they're eating, it is pointless. I ordered the ice-cream sampler for dessert and he even brought gluten-free coconut macaroons with it (that I think they'd just made). It was overall a great experience.


Beau and Kate's flight wasn't until Saturday night so they came and spent the day with us Saturday. Will had such a good time with them, and they even brought him a BIG Woody doll that he LOVES! I'm so glad they could come visit and make Matt's birthday weekend extra special!

Happy Birthday Matt! Will and I love you very much!

1 comments:

Beau and Kate said...[Reply to comment]

We had a great time and were so happy to be able to share Matt's birthday with y'all. So great to see Will we are amazed by how much he has grown. Hope Big Woodys saying " There's a snake in my boot" 60 times a day doesn't drive you crazy haha

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...